Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Day 001 -- Flying

Okay, so for those of you who don't know - yesterday I decided to take the plunge into the next step of adulthood and fly on a plane by myself which for most people is absolutely no big deal. I'm somewhat nervous and by somewhat nervous I mean it usually means my face is like this:

My flight wasn't so bad, aside from the fact that I skipped lunch to get it, and skipped dinner unintentionally while I was on it. My dinner consisted of Lays Stax, and about fourteen glasses of water with ice, even though I asked for no ice.


But griping aside, L.A. is pretty fantastic, although I'm doing next to nothing at the moment. The weather is killer -- and so is the view:



My camera, the one I brought, is not that great, but it'll do for the two weeks that I'm here. Hopefully more exciting things will unfold - but for today, brunch...and getting my host some groceries.

For those who have never been here, and plan to come -- I will say this. Do plan on spending about double what you originally intended; stuff is more expensive than I'd like it to be. For instance, 4$ carton of juice.

Speaking of beverages, those who know me will know that I absolutely love Dr. Pepper, and I had one of those in flight; and it does not taste the same. While this to my advantage because I will not drink it here not, because it SUCKS, it's a little disheartening that it's that much more popular here but it's also not nearly as tasty.



Oh well, I'm going to eat, then go for a very long walk. I may just tiddle down the street to see how far I can get and take a bunch of photos and show them off.

1 comment:

  1. this is a random thing to say... but don't give up of the tasties of Dr Pepper. Aparently the altitude in airplaines makes your taste buds go a bit funny. (Something to do with the change in humidity)
    So yeah.. try it on the ground too. Hopefully it'll taste just as good :D

    ReplyDelete